My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Thursday, September 6, 2012

New York Fashion Week Spring 2013!

Finally! Spring 2013 Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week has begun! I am ridiculously obsessed with fashion week as you all know from past posts, and so I wanna start right now. NO more waiting. What are the trends to look for just by getting a peek at some of these designers? PS Tadashi Shoji blew my mind. There were so many dresses that were utterly fascinating, but I just chose these few. When looking at his collection, just don't forget to breathe.
  • Neutrals and brights -- you can be sure those will be mixed to the nines next spring. 
  • Lace -- Next is delicate fabrics; lace is everywhere on the runways, and it's no longer your grandma's doily kind of lace.
  • Graphic prints-- and not just regular old patterns like paisley; we're talking full on craziness. 
  • Interesting hems/trims -- no longer can a skirt just be skirt. These tops adresses and skirts have character, flounce and shape. Score!
Tadashi Shoji



BCBG MaxAzria
 
 
 

Carlos Tagliapietra

Rachel Comey

Tanya Taylor

Creatures of the Wind

M. Patmos


Erin by Erin Fetherston

Follow me on Twitter @
D

No comments :

Post a Comment

Modest Fashion Network