My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Saturday, September 7, 2013

NYFW Spring 2014: Not Your Grandma's Fashion Week...OK, Well Maybe A Little

NYFW happened to coincide with the holiest of holidays for the Hebrews this year so my posts had to be postponed until now. My apologies, OAKies. I did however spend this holiday with my grandfather, which is kind of the perfect segue into the apparent theme of some the shows for Spring 2014-- Grandma. Viewers take note, shiny pastels were abundant, as were severely oversized moo-moo looking things; much of Prabal Gurungs show made me nostalgic for my Grandma down in Florida by the pool, but in a good way. Fear not younger generation, there were graphic geometric prints aplenty as well as a plethora of clean lines and colorful youthful looks. More so than last year, this Spring will bring a lot more revealing clothing so we modest ladies will just have to make it work.

Christian Siriano

Suno

Rag & Bone

Prabal Gurung

Rebecca Taylor
Follow me on twitter! @vinniecocoa
Follow me on Facebook! The OAK
Follow me on Pinterest! The OAK
D

No comments :

Post a Comment

Modest Fashion Network