My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Monday, May 6, 2013

The Met Ball Gala 2013 - All Covered Up

Oh hell yes. The one night a year that my fashion sense doesn't just tingle but goes on full-blown sensory overload! It's the Met Ball and the fashion is FIERCE! With the theme being punk there is a noticeable edge to the makeup and some of the ensembles, but for the most part the ensembles are conservative and I dare say modest, both in material and fabrics, as well as design. Very few women showed up in an OHMIGOD Avant Garde dress (see Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen and Sarah Jessica Parker), and more than a fair share showed up with their arms and bodies covered! That's right MODESTY (or Hollywood's version of it) was the theme of the night--somewhat. Let me have my moment here people.
Follow me on Twitter @

Kim Kardashian

Gwyneth Paltrow

Florence Welch

Anne Hathaway

Karlie Kloss

 Rooney Mara

Anna Wintour

Laura Santo Domingo

Ivanka Trump 

 Minka Kelly

Chloe Sevigny

Alexa Chung

Amber Heard

Aubrey Plaza

 Miley Cyrus

Nicole Richie
  
Sienna Miller

 Ginnifer Goodwin
  
 Ashley Olsen

Mary-Kate Olsen

Diane Von Furstenberg 

 Amanda Seyfried

Allison Williams

 Katy Perry

Renee Zelwegger

Coco Rocha

Jennifer Lopez


Lily Collins

Cameron Diaz

Rosie Huntington-Whitely

No comments :

Post a Comment

Modest Fashion Network