My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Skirt Revolution

Dear readers, I ask thee hearken back to a time, back in yesteryear, a time long, long ago that I like to call high school. Many of you have been there. Some of you are there now. Like me, most of you reading this were there at a time when skirts and dresses were not the height of fashion. Sure, there was a time when skirts and dresses were the uniforms of women everywhere, but the 90's and early 2000's were not friendly to those of the skirt- and dress-wearing persuasion. It was a tough time for us all [bows head in solemnity].

Fast forward to a much more stable time in my life (and by that, I mean I finally know my beauty complexion number in every drugstore foundation brand) and dresses and skirts are not only en vogue, they are basically the preferred clothing article of choice when it comes to exuding true fashion. Sure, jeans and a t-shirt are great, but if your goal is to make a statement with your outfit, you do so in a skirt or a dress. Fine, maybe a jumpsuit, and only if you are Victoria Beckham, but for the most part, you're going to show up somewhere nice in a dress or a nice skirt and top. Fact. 

In honor of the great progress we have made in the last ten  years-- and by that I mean that now "skirts" is its own category on most websites as opposed to just being filed under 'bottoms', or lumped together with dresses-- I bring you a list of skirts that are so beyond beautiful and wearable that you will instantly forget the days where a gap denim skirt was the only suitable skirt you could wear. Click the link above each picture to be directed to each skirt's ordering page. 



11 comments :

  1. Such cute skirts! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Modest Fashion Network