My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Monday, May 4, 2015

#MetGala2015: Best and Worst Dressed

Hand clap emoji! That's right, it's time to generate the best and worst dressed list of the 2015 Met Ball, and this year provided quite the material. With such an exotic theme, you would think that there would be exquisite dresses and glamour for days. While there were certainly some beautiful looks, the ladies of the evening showed up to the Met Gala in rare form, expressing sides of themselves that they maybe shouldn't have (yes, you Dakota Johnson). I wasn't overly enthused by the gowns overall, so my best dressed list is scant. I find that most people like reading about train-wrecks anyway, so without further ado, in no particular order, I give you my best and catastrophic train-wreck lists.


----------------- BEST -----------------

JENNIFER LAWRENCE IN DIOR
In an alternate universe, Jennifer is my friend and I lent her this gown. In this universe, however, that is so not true and that didn't really happen, but I really wish that it was and that it did.

RIHANNA IN GUO PEI
Most people will hate this but this was the bad-assiest look of the whole night. It's totally out there and haute, and Rihanna kills it. She may have also killed Big Bird, but we won't go there.

KATIE HOLMES IN ZAC POSEN 
For a minute there I thought it was 2006 and the bobbed Katie was back in the arms of Tom Cruise, but alas, this independent woman looks chic and beautiful and completely Tom Cruise-less. Bless.

JESSICA CHASTAIN IN GIVENCHY
 I'm not really sure how this is Asian-inspired so much as Hollywood pin-up inspired, but of all the gilded girls this evening, Jessica takes the gold. #punny

LIZZY CAPLAN IN DONNA KARAN
There is something so elegant, beautiful, glamorous and Asian-inspired about this gown and I think Lizzy nailed this look on the top-knotted head.


----------------- WORST -----------------

MARY-KATE & ASHLEY OLSEN
As a twin who idolized these two ladies when I was nary a tween, it pains me to put these two up on the worst dressed list; but if you really look at them it kinda makes you want to cry, no? And not in a Nicholas Sparks kinda way, but in a OHMYGOD THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE IS HERE kinda way.

KRIS JENNER IN WHY GOD, WHY
The entire country of China literally just took offense.


ALLISON WILLIAMS IN GIAMNATISTA VALLI 
Girlfriend already wore a dress like this this season, only that time the petticoat was inside the dress. So was the corset. So basically, no.

CHLOE GRACE MORETZ IN COACH
The worst prom dress to ever be worn to an event that was not a prom. 

DAKOTA JOHNSON IN FIFTY SHADES OF HELL NO
Gosh, remember that scene in the book where she sticks you-know-what up her you-know-where and goes to a fancy event? I REALLY hope this is not like that, because without a long gown, it would be reeeaaalllly awkward if a set of kegel balls dropped out of her hoo-ha. I mean, it's basically on display anyway-- we can probably see if we look close enough. 


KIM KARDASHIAN IN YOUR MOTHER MUST HAVE GONE SHOPPING FOR YOU
This just in: Kim Kardashian has boobs. You may not have seen them in EVERY SINGLE OTHER OUTFIT she wears, but now you know. 

RACHEL WEISZ IN CHANEL
This is what you wear to the Met Gala when the theme is Tylenol PM.

JENNIFER CONNELY
White never looked so sad and miserable-- or 80's.

MILEY CYRUS IN ALEXANDER WANG
I'm starting a petition to bring back Hannah Montana. First person to sign it is probably going to be the person standing right behind Miley in this picture who seems just as perturbed by this look as I do.


NOW ABOUT THOSE COSTUMES...

Many of you are probably wondering why Sarah Jessica Parker, Karen Elson, Kerry Washington and Chloe Sevigny did not make my worst dressed list and that's because I don't think they were the worst. They showed up to the Costume Institute Gala (emphasis on the word costume) and came dressed for the occasion. I must give credit where credit is due-- they look crazy awesome. 





2 comments :

  1. WOW, everyone looks so amazing apart from a couple of them lol. These are rare ocassions when all celebrities reveal their actual dress sense. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only the most beautiful dresses anagown need wedding dress fast reviews are thought for a perfect beauty like you!Let us buy sexy dresses for great day.anagown wedding dresses in stuart fl reviews

    ReplyDelete

Modest Fashion Network