My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Monday, December 8, 2014

A Princess in New York

I'm dying. I'm kvelling. I'm shepping. I'm literally cannot even-ing. The Duchess is HERE. In my city, in my hometown, in my air space, in my breathing space. Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cmbridge, Kitty-Kat Kate Middleton is in the city that never sleeps and I can't handle it.

Last night, Kate and her ridiculously handsome (he looks so much more handsome in New York) husband Will showed up to the Carlyle hotel to true fanfare. It may not have been pomp and circumstance but it was a New York welcome to two people who were long over due for a visit.

Kate showed up to the legendary hotel wearing a stellar merlot colored coat from British maternity brand Seraphine and a pair of booties (the Duchess wore booties, people), and changed into a black lace Beulah dress with Stewart Weitzman heels for her dinner with the elite Brits of NYC. While I loved both looks tremedously, both designers were British-- I really hope that Kate embraces NYC fashion-wise and chooses some American based designers, specifically New York designers, for the rest of her visit. I would love to see her in some Diane Von Furstenburg, Zac Posen, or Alexander Wang.

All in all, it was a spectacular first night for the royal couple in NYC, and I give them both incredible props for walking outside without coats for the latter part of their evening; it's bitter cold and these two dressed like it's a mild 65 degrees out. WORD. I think the question here really is how come Kate could be 5 months pregnant and look svelte, but I eat half a sandwich and a tic tac and I look like the Goodyear blimp? Riddle me that.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Modest Fashion Network