My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Monday, December 8, 2014

The Farther from London, The Shorter the Hemline

I'm just saying, is anyone else noticing Kate's micro hemlines in NYC? The little rebel Princess is taking a more daring look in a city that never really plays it safe with fashion. If this is what Kate has to do to break the British mold, then power to ya sister! Modesty is still reigning supreme with the royal, but you can tell the Duchess is trying to have a little more fun during her American visit than her conservative motherland would normally allow. NYC will do that to you, bb, so drink that Kool Aid.

Disappointingly though, Kate wore another British designer in a nonetheless stellar coat by Goat. No doubt she'll need a good coat in this deep freeze, but a little more Americana wouldn't have hurt. Am I the only one that feels this way?

Kate is in Harlem today to wrap presents with little kiddies, and no doubt the teacher in that classroom is the luckiest woman in the world. I mean, if I could meet a princess while working for the New York Board of Education, I would say that my life was made-- Princess meeting AND a pension. Now that's what I'm talking about. Stay tuned-- there's more to come.


1 comment :

  1. I was disappointed to see the shorter hemlines as well, but I did like her choices nonetheless, very classy. I hope that New Yorkers will take a page out of her fashion book!

    ReplyDelete

Modest Fashion Network