My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Golden Globes 2015: The Dark Side, The Light Side and the In-Between

There will never be a shortage of dark and light gowns at these awards shows. Never. So it was nice to see a crop off well dressed ladies show up to the Globes this year in their blacks and blues, whites and nudes, metallics and mixed fabrics-- seriously, it was a smorgasboard. (YAY! That's my first time using that word on my blog. It's about time.)

In the battle between light versus dark, I think the light colors win it for me this year; there was just more sophistication, more glamour and more risk in the light/nude category than there was in the darks. The women in black just really played it safe for me. I loved Frances O'Connor. Joanne Froggat and Allison Tolman best, but other than that, everyone else just looks good. Mostly. Laura Prepon has no excuse.


FRANCES O'CONNOR

GINA RODRIGUEZ

ALLISON TOLMAN



JOANN FROGGATT

TARYN MANNING

LAURA PREPON

RENE RUSSO

PARICIA ARQUETTE

AMAL CLOONEY

KATHY BATES

EDIE FALCO

LORDE

JENNIFER ANISTON

DANIELLE BROOKS

CALIRE DANES

SOPHIE HUNTER

KELLY OSBOURNE

KATHERINE HEIGL

JESSICA CHASTAIN

KATIE CASSIDY

EMMA STONE

MELISSA MCCARTHY

MICHELLE MOGNAHAN

UZO ABUDA

JULIANNE MOORE

DAKOTA JOHNSON

REESE WITHERSPOON

DIANE KRUGER

EMMANUELLE CHIRIQUI

JULIA LOUIS-DREYFUSS

KRISTIN WIIG

EMILY BLUNT

KATE HUDSON

LOUISE ROE

ROSAMUND PIKE

SALMA HAYEK

AMANDA PEET

ELLIE KEMPER

CHRISSY TIEGEN

SIENNA MILLER

ANNA KENDRICK

GREER GRAMMAR

ANNA FARIS

KATE BECKINSALE

JENNIFER LOPEZ

JEMIMA KIRKE

KIERA KNIGHTLEY

No comments :

Post a Comment

Modest Fashion Network