My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Monday, May 5, 2014

#MetGala2014: Black and White on the Red

My favorite night of the year is here! The Met Ball Gala was held tonight at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the theme was ball gowns.  Safe to say, it was the black-and-white that owned this red carpet tonight in a huge way. Sarah Jessica Parker opened the show in her stellar work of art, courtesy of Oscar de la Renta, and it was followed by a series on not stop black, white, and black-and-white gowns that did not fail to impress. 

It's always fun when ladies show up in ball gowns, so to see this much A-list action showing up in truly spectacular gowns (in the literal sense of the word!) it was simply breathtaking. I obviously have my favorite (ahem, SJP, Karlie, VIctoria Beckham) but you will see that all in my best dressed post!

Where I was able to, I noted the designer, and I will continue to update as I found out more. 


Sarah Jessica Parker in Oscar de la Renta

Hailee Steinfeld in Prabal Gurung

Anna Kendrick in J. Mendel


Jessica Pare in Michael Kors

Zoe Saldana in Michael Kors

Cara Delvigne

Charlize Theron in Dior

Naomi Watts in Givenchy

Cynthia Rowley

Margot Robbie in DVF

Greta Gerwig in Theory by Olivier Thyskens


Beyonce

Maggie Q in Zac Posen

Giselle Bundchen in Balenciaga

Kristen Wiig in Balenciaga

Kate Upton in Dolce and Gabbana

Georgia May Jagger in Thierry Mulger

Katie Couric in Angel Sanchez

Felicity Jones in Theory by Olivier Thyskens

Victoria Beckham in Victoria Beckham

Chanel Iman in Topshop

Naomi Campell

Rihanna in Stella McCartney

Kylie Minogue in Marchesa

Lauren Bush

Idina Menzel in Donna Karan Atelier

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in Balmain

Dianna Agron in Prada

Kristen Stewart in Chanel

Gabrielle Union in Prada

Kirsten Dunst in Rodarte

Karlie Kloss in Oscar de la Renta

Marion Cotillard in Dior

Mary-Kate in Ferre and Ashley Olsen in Chanel

Imogen Poots in Proenza Schouler

Lena Dunham in Giambatista Valli

Rosamund Pike

No comments :

Post a Comment

Modest Fashion Network