My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Monday, May 5, 2014

#MetGala2014: The Gold, The Silver and The Floral

Not to be outdone by those in black and white, many of the ladies of the evening decided to attend the ball in metallic hues, silvers and golds, pinks and grays, and everything nude in between. While this group of girls strayed from the ball gowns big time (womp womp) there was still so much beauty to be seen. In fact, I can hardly handle all the frill here, but I'll do my best to keep my excitement in check while I drool over Blake Lively (first time I'm NOT drooling over Ryan Reynolds--wait, yes I am. Mmmm Ryan), Lily Aldridge,  Kendall Jenner (sue me), and Taylor Swift. I can't say I have any love for Chrissy Tiegen or Nicole Richie, but whatevs--we're always bound to lose a few. I would have really loved to see something more va-va-voom from Rachel McAdams. Way to just be blah. PS Take note: apparently your clothes now needs to grow a garden on it. See: Tabitha Simmons, Sari Mercer and Shainlene Woodley. 

Blake Lively in Gucci

Jessica Alba in DVF

Lea Michele in Altuzarra

Leigton Meester in Emilio Pucci

Amber Heard in Giambatista Valli

Suki Waterhouse in Bruberry

Rita Ora in Donna Karan Atelier

Tabitha Simmons in Dolce and Gabbana

Sari Mercer 

 Keltie Knight

Chloe Grace Moretz

Taylor Swift in Oscar de la Renta

Kendall Jenner

Karen Elson

Rachel McAdams in Ralph Lauren

Heyden Pannetierre in Dennis Basso
Chrissy Tiegen in Ralph Lauren Collection

Diane Kruger in Jason Wu for Hugo Boss

Lily Aldridge in Michael Kors

Nicole Richie in Donna Karan Atelier

Amy Adams in Oscar de la Renta

Joan Smalls in Vera Wang

 Shailene Woodley in Rodarte



No comments :

Post a Comment

Modest Fashion Network