My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Sunday, September 26, 2010

GooGoo for Gaga

I tried to count the number of things Lady Gaga and I have in common, and I came to a total of -4. Yes, somehow, I came out on the negative side of this, however my crotch is never on display for the entire world to see, so I am feeling pretty good about that number.

After all is said and done, though, Gaga exudes a confidence that is rarely seen, EVER. Granted most people don't walk around with orbs and metallic rods sticking out of their clothing, or outfits made of slabs of meat, but Gaga makes it work. Now, suffice it to say that Gaga's outfits are in no way, shape or form even close to work appropriate (so please don't try it!), but we can all take a cue or two from the Lady.

You should know that I'm writing this post now, because after days and weeks of consuming seemingly endless holiday foods, I think we can ALL use a little pick me up in the confidence department. P.S. You're not fat. Those holiday pounds will come off. (Just smile and nod with me here, and at least pretend that you believe me.)

There is nothing more fashionable and good looking on a person than their confidence. No matter what you wear (frummie approved, or not) you want to own what you're wearing. I'm not advocating buying a bra with guns coming out of your own Lady Gagas ala the Alejandro music video, but I am saying you should strut it like you're Naomi Campbell with a cell phone in hand; in other words...be fierce (just don't assault anybody, k?)

As my friend Bracha told me (holla!), nothing is sexier on a woman than the attitude she carries. Sometimes we get lost in what we wear (especially for all of you with kids out there. It's ok to wear the shmata clothing in the house, but once you step outside you are a person, so remember to dress for yourself too, not just the spit up).

We even see it in the community. How many of you out there honestly dress for you, and not the the way you are told to dress. If you have learned anything from me, let it be that you can be you and be tzniut at the same time.

As far as the workplace is concerned, going to the office should be as much about who you are and what you want to present to your coworkers. What you wear does not just revolve around appearances, but it translates into attitude, be it attitude of Gaga magnitude or not.

Ok, so you are probably asking yourself, how do I take the Lady's confidence, and work it? It all depends on how you carry yourself; surefire tip: if you love how you feel in it, the more confident you'll be! If you're constantly paranoid about how you look, you're just not that confident, so shape up, missy!

There is only so much I can tell you, but at the end of the day, your confidence is up to you. Remember, though, it's always safe to start with a really killer outfit...one that will make everyone go simply, Gaga.

D

No comments :

Post a Comment

Modest Fashion Network