My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Monday, November 22, 2010

Skinny Girls in Bras and Panties

Pretty controversial heading for a frum blog, no?

I only bring this up because the most wonderful time of the year is also the most dreaded time of the year, and all my girls out there (frum or not) know exactly what I'm talking about. The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.

I don't know whether to bow down to these ladies, or throw tomatoes at them, but either way they are works of art. I have been fortunate enough to meet a few of our famous Vicki's models in person, and yes... the camera does add ten pounds. It's why I hate taking pictures. Giselle Bundchen? Really is that skinny. Carolina Kurkova? Even skinnier. Adrianna Lima? There is a toothpick out there who is really jealous of her. Alesandra Ambrosia? I have a girl crush on her.



Suffice it to say, wearing just a bra and panties and angel wings is NOT appropriate for the office, and there is absolutely no fashion wisdom I can impart to you on this post, other than to say that if these women are able to walk a runway in front of millions of people around the world in nothing more than some panties and glitter, we can all afford to break out of our own comfort zones a little more. I for one have sworn to incorporate more sequins in to my wardrobe (seriously, ask my sister--it's starting to look like a party up in my room, cuz I gots me some sparkles all over the floor. Sorry, that was the Brooklyn inside of me--I apologize).

This year's runway was already recorded and airs next Tuesday (the 30th), and you can bet I'll be glued to the TV...while doing crunches, no less, in an effort to sculpt a 6 pack that will NEVER exist (please excuse me while I go shed a tear). And don't pretend like you won't be doing the exact same thing. You're a chick--our inadequacies are all the same in the reflection of a Victoria's Secret model--crunch away.


Also, don't pretend like you don't shop at Victoria's Secret--we have all been to a bridal shower where the mother was "aghast" at what was inside those ubiquitous pink boxes. So ladies, sit back, relax and let the envy begin as we all take in some full-on, hardcore, through and through skimpiness in all its exploitative glory.

We women have come so far, haven't we?

P.S. Wearing the million dollar diamond bra on the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show runway is TOTALLY on my bucket list. 100% not kosher, but a dream nonetheless.

Cheers to dreams
D

5 comments :

  1. I am allowed to get emails with pics of ladies in bras and panties? the Rabbis dont allow it!
    jk great post Deb. although i wont be home Sunday to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why would I be jealous of wearing underwear in public!

    ReplyDelete

Modest Fashion Network