My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Monday, February 11, 2013

New York Fashion Week! Fall 2013

I know I am [fashionably] late with my opening #NYFW post, so forgive me! To make it up t you  I will start with a fabulous crop of amazing designers who know no bounds in the realm of fashion! Fall fashion week may only be a few days old, but the trends and hot pieces have clearly made their mark already. Prints and patterns are clearly a favorite, with designers (Suno, Mara Hoffman, clearly transitioning from their spring lines (and not wanting to let go). Fear not though you cold-weather loving/sweater-donning/twilight-color scheme-adoring ladies, because dark is also having it's fashion moment with Derek Lam, Victoria Beckham and Prabal Gurung. Band of Outsiders is my favorite for this round though; they make it known that it's a Fall affair with their line. Pencil silhouettes are a no-brainer this fall, which is a slight departure from the grandiose silhouettes we've seen from Fall Fashion weeks past. What trends do you see?
Follow me on Twitter @
Mara Hoffman

Suno

Victoria Beckham

Band of Outsiders


Tanya Taylor

Jason Wu


Derek Lam
 
 

Prabal Gurung
Follow me on Twitter @

1 comment :

  1. Great job! Love Band of Outsiders and some of Derek Lam too.

    ReplyDelete

Modest Fashion Network