My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Friday, April 25, 2014

#RoyalTour: All Good Things Must Come to an End

On their last engagement of their tour of Australia and New Zealand, William and Kate stepped it up in a big way--well Kate did in a beautiful navy colored coat (designer is nameless), a pillbox hat, and my favorite navy pumps. SHOCKER: another blue look from the bluest Princess there is. To be fair, the color suits her so well, so we really can't fault her for having a favorite color. This woman showed up in style and leaves in style, although I do think she will change into sweats and a t-shirt on the plane.

The one gripe I have about this entire tour is something that will probably surprise everyone. The one thing about Kate Middleton that is so wonderful is how relatable she is to the common lady, mostly because she was one once upon a time (fairytale princess reference there), and I really do love that about her. Still, she is a princess now and it would have been great to see her at at least one engagement in a tiara. I know that that is SOOOO girly and fantasy like, but the royal jewels are some of the most beautiful in the world and it would have been really nice to see her in a crown at the New Zealand reception at government house, when she wore the black Jenny Packham dress. But that's just one blogger's opinion.

What do you think?









No comments :

Post a Comment

Modest Fashion Network