My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Thursday, April 24, 2014

#RoyalTour: The Rose and Crown

Lela Rose, that is! Kate wore this stellar white Lela Rose dress to reception in Canberra, Australia this evening and she dazzled.  I really think I am running out of adjectives to describe this woman's fashion style.

This is the closest the Duchess has come to a bare arm all tour, but somehow she still manages to pull of a modest effect. Her regal style was made complete with a subtle but fancy up-do and a set of sparkling diamond earrings. This just goes to show that modesty is a spectrum, and no matter how one chooses to embrace it, modesty is a lifestyle, not a rule. Kate shows some shoulder, but she is no less the modest woman she was in a completely covered coat dress.

P.S. MAJOR bonus points for anyone who gets the reference in the title of this post; Jane Austen fans should know exactly what I'm talking about.






No comments :

Post a Comment

Modest Fashion Network