My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

#RoyalTour: When Modest Clothes Happen to the Right People

Not many people can pull off head-to-toe green that is completely covered up, but this is another example of a beautiful dress by a great designer (Catherine Walker), expert tailoring, and lastly, a woman with the confidence to wear it.

One thing about the modest dresses and outfits that Kate has chosen on this tour thus far is that the credit goes to the designer. Sure, the woman who is wearing it conveys the message, but the genius is the designer behind the vision. I find it refreshing that designers are taking a modest approach to design, and that Kate is the mouthpiece--or mannequin--for these visions is nothing short of a coup in the world of fashion.

Today in Australia (tomorrow for everyone here in 'Murica) Kate was seen wearing this green coat to an appropriately green engagement, where she planted trees at an arboretum. I wish my days called for planting trees in arboretums in designer clothing, but I guess I drew the short end of that stick, so I suppose I'll have to settle for just watching what happens.






No comments :

Post a Comment

Modest Fashion Network