My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Monday, January 17, 2011

Golden Globes: Best & Worst

You are probably so confused by my top three best dressed at the Globes, but it's only because I am embracing the extremes. I love the sparkle and shine of Olivia's Marchesa dress, but Emma Stone's Calvin Klein dress is so simple, understated, and classic that I'm  simply, in love. Diana Agron emulates true old-Hollywood glamour, and her whole look is just so pretty and representative of the night's trends, it had to go on my list. 

Olivia Wilde
 Being that today is Martin Luther King Day, I feel like I should say "I have a dream"... and it involves this dress.

Emma Stone
I am so smitten with this dress. Bravo Emma.

Diana Agron
Straight out the gate and she aced it. She's so cherubic, she looks like she should be on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel or something.

My top three worst dressed come as a huge surprise to me. All of these women have had better days. Even though it was a slightly underwhelming night overall--everyone pretty much played it safe-- these ladies decided to abandon all reason (and taste). Shame .

January Jones
You forgot something, January...the top of your dress, perhaps?

 Michelle Williams
Apparently I spoke too soon when I said you can do no wrong, Michelle. Clearly, you can. 

Julianne Moore
Yet again, you disappoint. Legit, what were you thinking when you picked this out. Yes, you do have two sleeves on this dress, but why are they both on one side of the dress?

(P.S. I did not include Helena Bonham-Carter in this list because she is a legend unto her own--I have no right to knock her.)
D

1 comment :

  1. I actually picked best and worst almost exactly the same!
    And now I feel really special :)
    What I hated was that they gave January Jones so many compliments and it's easily one of the most unattractive things ever.

    ReplyDelete

Modest Fashion Network