My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Mad Men Season 5 - 'Dress' Like A Lady!

It's baaacck! Finally, after months of longing and waiting, one of my favorite shows has returned, and it is evident that I can hardly contain my excitement! As a follow-up to my successful post on that other period-piece show I posted about (ahem, Downton Abbey), I decided to write one dedicated solely to the groovy sixties, essentially the main character in the show Mad Men!

So what were the dresses of the moment? Figure-flattering, waist-cinching, covered-but-alluring sheaths that were vibrant and colorful. Women wanted to be noticed in the sixties, recovering from a World War that cast a gloom over the country for more than two decades. It was time to have fun in the sixties! I say, it's about time we bring back some of that fun!

Lord knows I did my best to try and find as many of the following dresses with sleeves, but the fact of the matter is that times are different, and full-on modesty is not as prevalent or fashionable today as it was back then. Suffice it to say, the sixties was a time where women challenged their roles in society and started to break through that glass ceiling, so it was a great time to be a woman. The following dresses are highly reminiscent of the era--fun, flirty, daring, but still ladylike. Add a cardigan to the barer dresses, and you are set for some sensational sixties fabulosity!

Follow me on Twitter @ 


TRACY REESE PRINTED FIT-AND-FLARE LINEN DRESS














Follow me on Twitter @ 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Modest Fashion Network