My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oscars Best Dressed 2011

Thank you for being the most fabulously dressed women in America today. This list is a bit longer than usual, but I had a lot to work with; forgive me, but the taste level this year was positively exquisite.

Hailee Steinfeld-Best Dressed of the Night
I don't have enough words to sum up how much I love this dress, how much I love this girl in this dress, and how much I wish I was this girl in this dress right now. Age appropriate, perfect color, totally classy and sophisticated. You should probably wear this to your prom in 4 years. 
Cate Blanchett
How much do you think this costs off the rack? Gilt, anyone? I don't think I could have dreamed this dress up if I tried--and I have a pretty active imagination. You complete me, Cate Blanchett's dress, you complete me.
Amy Adams
Believe it or not! She finally got it right! Amy, this is truly inspirational. 
There was a noticeable 'modest' trend on the carpet this evening, and she is truly a class act.

Mandy Moore
Utterly delightful -- a whimsical, feminine, and ethereal masterpiece. Believe it or not, that dress does have neckline, albeit the sheerest known to womankind. 

Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Lawrence
Dear Reese, I said you looked exactly like Julia Roberts in her Valentino the second I saw you, (sorry Giulianna Rancic--keep up with me). But alas, there is no one on the red carpet that sported a look this tailored and classic... and I am glad you took the chance. As for you Jennifer, you tie Reese for being amazing for having a dress like no other.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Modest Fashion Network