My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Met Ball 2012 - Modest Edition

Be still my little fashionista heart! The Met Gala Ball, which is essentially the largest night in fashion, was last night, and it was AMAZING. I mean not that I was there or anything. I just know because I have eyes. That's right, a bevvy of celebrity beauties crossed the red carpet in some of fashion's most couture and haute items of the year. Known for some of it's more editorial pieces, this red carpet is not for the fashion feint of heart-- this is the red carpet where you show up in pieces that you only take picture of; no one ACTUALLY wears this stuff. Except at the Met Ball, of course!
Follow me on Twitter @ 
Click here to Like The OAK on Facebook


Let's start with the modest ladies of the night--my best dressed list will be up soon!

Renee Zelwegger in Pucci
One of my favorites of the night! The assymetry between front and back, hard and soft, edgy and feminine-- it's breathtaking.

Cameron Diaz in Stella McCartney
She has that Something-About-Mary-Hair going on. Big Time.

Mia Wasikowska in Prada
So cute. Not Met Ball worthy-ish to me, but cute.

Greta Gerwig in Prabal Gurung
Love the dress. Hate the hair.

Kirstin Dunst in Rodarte
INteresting. I like the idea of this, but I was expecting something a bit more fantastic-- not more ladies who lunch in 1940.

Karolina Kurkova in Rachel Zoe Collection
Karolina's dress is undoubtedly beautiful, and so pleasantly surprised that it's a Rachel Zoe piece. She happens to be a wonderful designer.


Lily Collins in Valentino
I hate those sleeves and I think this dress is a bit too day-time for the Gala. But I don't hate it in general.

MAry-Kate Olsen in The Row
Oversized 80's flashback. Name me one other person in the whole world beside an Olsen sister who can pull of a large black bolt of fabric slung around the belly. 

Rosie Huntington-Whitely in Burberry
 Flawless.

Rihanna in Tom Ford
Naturally, this has an open back, but DAYUM, the girl showed up in a crocodile skin! I certainly hope that's not real croc, but I love love love it!

Sarah Jessica Parker in Valentino
It's got a little bit of Grandma's-Couch-Print going on, but who am I to talk? She's Carrie freakin Bradshaw...in Valentino. I'm Debbie...in Gap. No comparison.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Modest Fashion Network