My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Garden Item of the Day

Guess what I found, gals! It's a site that has clothes that you can customize yourself called eshakti-- that means you can make things that are not modest, modest! That includes sleeve length, hem length and collar shape. Awesome, right!? How you ask? Well, it took me a minute or two to figure out the gist of this website, but the step by step process given seems easy enough! Pretty much they have a basic sample that you work off of; you can buy the item as shown, OR you can scroll down and add various elements (all different depending on the item). Want a longer hem? Specify 'below the knee'! Want a 3/4 sleeve? Just make that tank dress into a dress with sleeves! Are you dying yet?

So, I found this adorable dress on the site, and boo for us, because the extent of the alterations (each alteration/customization costs an additional $7.50) only extends to short sleeve, not long or 3/4. I was kinda bummed about that, but it's still a pretty cute dress for the springtime, and not outrageously priced, either.Each dress is customiable to an extent-- not all dresses can have sleeves added, for example. But hey, we're in the right direction. Points for the frummies!
Follow me on Twitter @

Follow me on Twitter @

No comments :

Post a Comment

Modest Fashion Network