My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscars 2012 - Best Dressed!

These ladies were by far the most beautiful and glamorous of the night! Jessica Chastain walked on that red carpet and OWNED it! Such a risk, such a sophisticated look, and she worked it! Michelle Williams was breathtaking in that coral-colored peplum LV gown, and Stacey Kiebler was radiant in Marchesa!  Sandra Bullock is a leader of the pack tonight, and Angelina was, naturally, Angelina. I hate to love her, but in this case, how can you not?
Follow me on Twitter @

Jessica Chastain
There is not one thing I don't love about this gown. Alexander McQueen's creation is probably the most avante garde dress on the carpet, but it is so sophisticated and elegant-- quite possibly one of my favorite Oscar gowns ever.

Michelle Williams
Her demureness is so endearing and I love that she took the risk with a bold color. This dress reminds me of something Penelope Cruz would wear, but it flatters Michelle's figure so perfectly and I just love how she works it!

Stacey Kiebler
This is the first time I will ever say I wish George Clooney would just get the hell out of the way! This Marchesa dress is so utterly fascinating and it makes my heart sing with delight! It's the epitome of elegance, class and modernity. I found my other hald, and it's that dress. I'll take George Clooney, too, but only as a close second.

Sandra Bullock
This gown is so beautiful and it literally captivates me. Like my earlier post said, black & white is usually what makes a classic gown, and Sandra took it to a whole new level. I'm simply enamored with this and it's probably my second favorite of the night.

Angelina Jolie
Her hair, her make-up and her gown are a complete package this time. She is certainly wearing the velvet and it's not wearing her. The origami-like design is so sharp and fabulous. True glamour!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Modest Fashion Network