My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscar 2012 - COLOR!

So much green! Color in general certainly made its presence on the carpet tonight, but green, red, and purple that made loudest statements of all. But above all, Jessica Chastain's Alexander McQueen gown with the deep, golden pop of embroidery is stellar.
Follow me on Twitter @

Jessica Chastain
Hint hint: one of my best for the night. It's dramatic, it's a risk, it's beautiful. I can't get enough of this gown and I commend her for FINALLY getting it perfectly right!

Viola Davis
This woman works her assets! While it's far from my favorite dress, it's still stunning, especially on her! She makes the dress, although I think she has had some better looks throughout the season.

Maria Menunos
Soft, sea foam green looks sophisticated and classy on her. A dress we have certainly seen before, but still beautiful.

Berenice Bejo
I adore this dress! It's really unconventional, but it has so much charm and old HOllywood glam. Disappointed in the hair though. Wompity womp.

Glenn Close
WOAH. She proves that women of any age can kill it! AMAZING.

Missi Pyle
Meh. Underwhelmed.

Penelope Cruz
Such a departure from what she usually wears, but I think I kinda love it. Then again, she's Penelope Cruz, so what's not to love?

Michelle Williams
One of my favorite dresses of the season!! Michelle hit the nail on the head with this Louis Vuitton gown, and she exudes pure glamour! Feel free to drool on the way to the next picture.

Emma Stone
I never have a bad thing to say about this lady, and that's not about to change. This dress is chic and adorable, and while it was a risk for the Oscars, I think she makes it work. LOVE!

Jane Seymour
Another lady from the older contingent, another jaw dropping dress. Young Hollywood, take note!

Natalie Portman
BEcause she is a fellow Jewess, I feel the words "oy vey" would not be completely inappropriate to use here. I feel like her gowns have gotten more and more odd with time, and I am really starting to get confused about her look. Somewhere, Kenley Collins from Project runway is smiling with Polka Dot Gods.

Virginia Madsen
Step it up. This is a beautiful dress-- for the Globes. She could have done so much better and so much more.

Maya Rudolph
This dress is pretty but it doesn't seem like a Maya Rudolph dress. I wold have liked ot have seen her in something a bit different, but it works.

Sarah Hyland
Young HOllywood, playing it safe.

Gwyneth Paltrow
It's not exactly color, but white had it's moment tonight too. Gwyneth took a HUGE risk tonight with this caped gown, and I gotta say that I don't hate it. In fact, I love it. Sometimes, it's all about the right risks!

Shailene Woodley
I died when I saw this dress. I did not go to heaven. This is just terrible.

Rooney Mara
Not in love. Kind of just whatever.

Kristen Wiig
I love that hair and make up. The dress is fine--it's been done before--but otherwise, a nice look. Just nice though.
Follow me on Twitter @

No comments :

Post a Comment

Modest Fashion Network