My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Sunday, January 15, 2012

2012 Golden Globes - Yellow, Purple, Red, Blue and Green!

Dear Color. I love you! I love what you do to these ladies! Be still my heart!

Yellow is my FAVORITE color-- seriously, ask my teen years and my affection for Trini, the yellow power ranger-- which is why I am so ecstatic to see yellow making a fabulous and utterly gorgeous turn on the runway! That and all these other eye-popping colors are making the red carpet anything but boring. See who will make my best and worst list later tonight!
Follow me on Twitter @ 

Maria Menounos
Classic silhouette. Not so classic color. This could have been very Big Bird, but it's classy.

Missi Pyle
This more mustardy yellow is subtle and golden, and the asymmetry is a nice touch. While it's not the prettiest dress on the carpet it's still nice and refreshing.

Mireille Enos
This is one of my favorites! It's super old-hollywood fabulousness , but with a modern whimsy twist.

Paula Patton
She could wear anything and still look stellar, but wow! That yellow simply shines on her complexion!

Madelaine Stowe
Peplum purple power. Say that 10 times fast. Go!

Laura Linney

Julianna Margulies
She is a TV actress veteran, and you can tell that she knows it with the adultness of this dress. Sadly, I don't think it does much for her. Points for modesty!

Ariel Winter
She is so adorable, and she doesn't have a cell phone! That's really adorable too. 
She looks age appropriate in this fun, whimsical and colorful dress. 

Octavia Spencer
Not like we haven't seen this dress before, but she dressed perfectly for her body!

Jessica Alba
Oh, the life of perfection! Wonder what that's like.

Dianna Agron
Unconventional and stellar! It's the not-so-quiet dresses that are really standing out this year!

Stacey Kiebler
So pretty! Not as dramatic as some others, but then again, she has George Clooney as her arm candy!

Jeannie Mai
Meow.


Connie Nielson

Kim Richards
No. Not happening. This is why George chose Stacey.

Reese Witherspoon
Yikes. No.

Emma Stone
Drooling. A lot.

Viola Davis
Dayum girl!

Tina Fey
Finally, a dramatic dress from Tina! Love it!


Kelly McDonald
Jewel-tone sophistication!

Melissa McCarthy
Modest and colorful. I simply love her!



Evan Rachel Wood
Bravo for being so brave and the most avante garde of the night!


Frieda Pinto
It's a pretty dress, but I'm slightly underwhelmed. Poo.

Rainey Qualley
Miss Golden Globe showed up in a tablecloth. Just sayin.

Jenna Dewan

Kelly Osbourne
She showed up in a Delorian. True story.

Sarah Michelle Gellar
Now, I may be biased because I was and still am the biggest Buffy fan of all time, but I positively LOVE this look! I know most will not, however. 

Sofia Vergara
Words fail to describe this gown. 'Woah' seems to cover it though,

Zooey Deschanel
This is AMAZING!!!! Above and beyond one of my favorites!

Helen Mirren
FABULOUS!

Glenn Close
Is it just me, or are these older ladies rocking the carpet tonight!

Jodie Foster

Michelle Williams
I had high hopes for her. Update: hopes dashed. 

Callie Thorne
This is so pretty. It's safe, but pretty.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Modest Fashion Network