My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Monday, January 30, 2012

SAG Awards - Best & Worst Dressed!

Woohoo! It's my best and worst dressed list of the night. I know it's a bit late-- I usually like to get it out the night of the awards so that everyone can see that I don't copy what the papers and fashion experts say the next morning, but alas, I was too tired last night to put up this post, but know that this was done all last night, and not this morning. So here's my rundown for best and worst dressed, and forgive me because I don't know how much you will all agree with me or not; I just felt this was an underwhelming night, so why not have fun with my bests and worsts.
Follow me on Twitter @ 
Let's start with best dressed first: These four ladies had my favorite looks, head to toe, and while there were others on the red carpet who were certainly stellar, these ladies owned the night for me.

Octavia Spencer
Lets leave my love for modesty aside for a moment and just highlight how classy this broad is. She's a woman who knows how to dress for her body, and embodies the "less-is-more" mantra. Big fan!

Jayma Mays
The SAG awards are certainly a more chilled-out night for the actors, and I think Jayma really took that fun and whimsy in the right direction. Plus, sparkles!

Diana Agron
I think this look goes down as my favorite of the night! Everything about it is perfect, from the dress silhouette, to the color, to the hair and make up and jewels. That color on her skin tone is radiant!

Emma Stone
I have to say that this dress initially freaked me out a bit, but not only did it grow on me, but I think sorta-kinda-maybe-a little bit love it. Is it conventional, no; but it is pretty awesome and haute, and very appropriate for the occasion!

Now for the worst dressed: These four ladies failed epically where the other four soared. These dresses were ho-hum and unexciting, and quite frankly, unflattering.

Busy Phillips
This dress makes me cry. They're not happy tears.

Angelina Jolie
This look is quite atrocious. Quite.This dress does nothing for her (said the lowly blogger from New York about the world's most famous celebrity as if her opinion means anything at all).

Rose Byrne
The jumpsuit itself is not half bad but it's WAY more editorial than it is red carpet. Everything is so structured and overdone; if she was going to wear a jumpsuit (yikes! in the first place) she should have softened up the hair and make up in a big way.

Shailene Woodley
Ooh no. I don't agree. Sure, you filmed in Hawaii, so this dress is a great homage to the sand and surf, but I had a Barbie doll with this very same dress. In 1992.
Follow me on Twitter @ 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Modest Fashion Network