My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Critic's Choice Awards 2012!

It's back! Awards season that is, and boy am I psyched! The fashion-- oh the fashion!! This is the first major award show of the season, and with the Golden Globes being on Sunday, I couldn't contain myself, and had to do a Critic's Choice Awards post. Disclaimer: for the newer Oakies, these award show fashions are the only non-kosher fashions I post about, mostly because  I just can't help it!

Since the CCA awards are less formal (ahem, they're on VH1), my post will be less formal. Instead of a best/worst dressed list, I'll just highlight the trends with some of my genuine comments. For the record, Charlize Theron is my best dressed. Elle Fanning is my worst. Sorry Elle; I know you are young, but that's not acceptable... at least not in America.

Follow me on Twitter @ 
~Black & White~

Charlize Thereon
Hello stunningness! This gown is so structurally beautiful, and the fit is stellar. 

Michelle Williams
Unconventional, but I like it. It's like an oreo cookie-- only it's a dress. 

Stacey Kiebler
Simple and beautiful. Just like me. Kidding. No but seriously, George, I'm available.

Kirsten Dunst
Her fashion choices are only getting better and better. I feel like this is something Helena Bonham-Carter would wear, only Kirsten makes it less 'corpse-bride', and more black swan-- but without the psychosis. Big fan.

Chloe Moretz
Dudettes, she's only fourteen! My gym bag is older than she is. Well done, Chloe.

Ellie Kemper
Meh.

Evan Rachel Wood
This chick is like the anti-Jersey Shore with her skin so porcelain white. Unfortunately, I don't think the dress does much for her. But who am I to talk? I am currently in bed in Gap pajama pants on a Thursday night, so I guess she wins. Evan Rachel: 1 Debbie: 0.

Shailene Woodley
Meh (x2).

Mindy Kaling
There is nothing this woman can say or do that won't crack me up. This dress only makes me love you more, Mindy.   

Octavia Spencer
Hello, ladies.


~Color~

Elle Fanning
Dear Elle, Have you met Chloe Moretz? Well, you should (see above). I would also like to take this opportunity to introduce you to a mirror. And a pair of gardening shears.

Elizabeth Olsen
I still have not come to terms with the fact that there is another Olsen sister on the scene. I can only handle two Olsen sisters at a time, so stop playing with my mind, ladies! This dress is the reason I still like Mary-Kate and Ashley better. 

Jessica Chastain
I cannot say no to a red-head in pink-- she's gorgeous. I can, however, say no to lobster bibs as tops. 

Emma Stone
This is a girl who knows how to play up her features! Second award show, second green ensemble. She is perfection.

 Diane Kruger
I'm not quite sure what to say about this, other than it looks like you peed yourself, Diane.

Berenice Bejo
I have this dress! Actually, I don't, but it would be really fun if I did. 

Viola Davis
Minus the Kate Goesslin hair, she rocks this! No 'Help' needed. Ya, I did a pun. Sue me.
PS What's with all the "Help" women and cleavage tonight. There must be something in the pie tonight. (Womp womp!)

Busy Phillips
It's safe, but you can't deny that she looks beautiful.


Melissa McCarthy
She will always be Sookie St. James to me! Go Sookie!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Modest Fashion Network