My Photo
I'm a Jewish fashionista living in New York and I write this blog to try to deliver modest fashion to all women, everywhere. This blog is all about Less Is More. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @vinniecocoa and on instagram @the.oak! CONTACT & INQUIRIES: the.oak.blog@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

#JewishFashionistaProblems

Boo. I love me a fabulous frock, and both Jessica Alba and Rooney Mara are certainly taking fabulosity to a different level. But let's face it, Oakies; these dresses are so close to modest, but fall just short with the sheer sleeves. Now don't get me wrong-- these ladies are still pretty modest given what the rest of Hollywood is wearing, but this is like 75% of a dress to me, when all I really want is sleeves! Although, I must say that the sheer portions really even out each dress; and all leather dress, for example is not ideal, so the sheer top really balances out Jessica's dress nicely; similarly, the striking red of Rooney's dress is tamed by the delicate top.

On a somewhat different note-- are you noticing any trends here, aside from the sheer tops? Tiers, for example. Just saying. Keep your eye out for skirts and dresses that look this way.

Follow me on Twitter @ 



Follow me on Twitter @ 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Modest Fashion Network